I love to share my passion for photography! I offer a variety of ways for you to learn with me. Check it out…
Private & Mini Groups – For Beginners (Adults & Teens)
My goal for these intimate sessions is to get you comfortable with your DSLR camera and understand the basic principles of photography – move off of “Auto” mode where the camera is making all of the decisions for you and on to “Manual” where you are now in total control.
Because these sessions are geared to 1 to 4 people, they can be easily tailored to your specific needs.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding light – the most important element of photography!
- How to move off of Auto mode and when to use P, Av, Tv and ultimately Manual mode
- Functions of your digital camera – how, and more importantly why to use them
- Understanding exposure – ISO, Aperture & Shutter Speed
- Making your photos more interesting with design and composition
Private (Individuals) – $75 per session
Each Session lasts 1 hour
Mini Groups – A perfect activity to do with friends!
Each session will last between 1 to 1 1/2 hours
I suggest at least 2 sessions for the mini groups so each session we can build upon the skills learned in previous sessions. A fun assignment will be given each session and due the next session where we will review and discuss your photos together.
- Groups of 2 – $100 per session ($50 per person)
- Groups of 3 – $125 per session (approx $41 per person)
- Groups of 4 – $150 per session (approx $37.50 per person)
Photography Camp For Kids
This one week camp is designed for kids ages 9 to 12 where they can explore and learn and practice the principles of photography through fun activities and field trips.
Dates vary however it’s usually held at the end of August and based out of The Riverdale Y.
- camera basics – learning how to use your camera – basic camera functions, zoom, flash
- learn to see differently and design your photographs through the use of color, lines, shapes, textures, repeating patterns
- macro photography – getting close up to see all of the details
- nature and landscape photography
- 3 field trips – past summers we’ve gone to Wave Hill, The Bronx Zoo, Central Park and The High Line
- we end our week with a gallery show displaying a selection of their favorite images from the week – printed and matted for display. family and friends are invited to the reception and includes light refreshments
I offer a select number of photo walks throughout the year. It’s a great way to explore and grow your passion for photography. I’m there as your guide but also to answer your burning questions about photography. All levels and all cameras welcome from smart phone to DSLR.
Mentoring – Start or Grow Your Photography Business
Are you a new photographer wanting to start or grow your photography business but feel overwhelmed on what to focus on? I can help! I have years of experience as a professional photographer and creative entrepreneur and I’m happy to make things easier for you! You’re just a skype session away from getting clarity and an action plan for your business!
If you are interested in learning photography in a relaxed, comfortable and fun manner, please contact me at Stacey@TotalCityGirl.com so we can discuss which option works best for you.